The main aim of the policy is to provide clear guidance on how The Centre for Applied Jungian Studies markets itself responsibly. We are committed to delivering high quality teaching and learning, along with exceptional customer service for our stakeholders. This extends to ensuring our services are marketed in a way that is fair, transparent, within legal guidelines and reflective of the communities we serve.
We also require that our partners and stakeholders adhere to these standards and that unsubstantiated claims aren’t made. Any use of data must be verified, and sources confirmed to ensure potential customers are made aware of its origin.
We are committed to marketing our products and services in a responsible way and so we will regularly review our marketing communications to ensure they are aligned with these principles and that they also fit with industry best practices.
These guidelines apply to all marketing communications generated by or on behalf of The Centre for Applied Jungian Studies. Within this, ‘marketing’ means product and services advertising and promotion in all media including, but not limited to, packaging, brand promotions, brand advertising, brand PR, product placement, sponsorship and brand experiential marketing, point of sale material, digital, online and mobile marketing plus social media.
We commit that our marketing communications will be honest, transparent, truthful, within legal guidelines and respectful.
Above this we also commit to:
- Never mislead our customers.
- Always be fair and transparent when promoting our services, enabling our customers to make informed choices. Offering impartial advice and guidance in line with our duty of care as a CPD Approved Provider.
- Be legal, ethical, truthful and conform to accepted principles of fair competition and good business practice.
- Comply with all UK legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Avoid promoting themes associated with aggression, anti-social behaviour or violence.
- Avoid any derogatory, defamatory or offensive statements or imagery in particular in relation to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and political views.
- Seek to prevent any unsolicited marketing that uses the The Centre for Applied Jungian Studies brand without authorisation
- Never knowingly advertise in media or on websites that contain extremist views or explicit content.
- Never advertise in a way that could cause mental, physical or moral harm to a child.
All new marketing colleagues and key agency personnel are aware of our Core Principles, and we review the principles on a regular basis. In addition, refresher training is available when needed.
Our marketing team/3rd party agency members, supported by our legal, technical and communications operatives, are responsible for ensuring the compliance of all of our marketing collateral.
Other, non-marketing collateral which has a customer audience (for example recruitment material or The Centre for Applied Jungian Studies Newsletter communications) should also comply with these principles. Internally, all imagery is to be approved in isolation, in colour, at full/oversize and in situ/as it will be seen by the customer.